Monday, November 17, 2008

Meet Kathy Queen!

Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio

Occupation: School Counselor

How did you get involved in Young Life? I first went with some friends to "8th-grade night" YL club when I was still in Jr. High. I then went to YL summer camp after my sophomore year (Lake Champion in New York), and that is when I became a Christian.

Why Tech? I always want to be involved in YL in some capacity, because it was so instrumental in how I first really understood that God loved me. I think it is such an effective (and fun!) ministry that can work at any school, because it's all about relationships and loving kids. My house is about a block away from Tech, so it seems like the perfect fit to get involved here, where I live. I also worked at a nearby middle school for a couple of years, so I know some students at Tech.

What would people be surprised to know about you? I like to crochet.

Hobbies: Traveling, biking, outdoorsy stuff, music, dancing

What are you listening to on your I-Pod? Tim Maia
(popular Brazilian musician in the 70's and 80's)

No comments: