Friday, January 7, 2011

Meet Courtney Foye



Hometown: Newburgh, IN

College and Major: Butler University
Major: Education

How did you get involved in Young Life? As a middle school student, I became involved in Wyldlife as I attended weekly Bible studies and monthly Wyldlife clubs. My leaders became my role models and best friends; they greatly impacted my relationship with God, as well as my life and personality, to shape me into the person I am today. My leaders inspired me to become a Wyldlife leader at Castle South Middle School as a high school senior. When going to college, I began going to weekly YL Bible studies and dinners and then eventually started with training to become a YL leader in Indy. I was then placed to be a leader at Tech High School!

What about Tech excites you the most? I am most excited that Tech is SO different than Castle and the community that I am used to leading in. Tech will challenge me in my walk with Christ and everyday life as I learn to trust God with everything while impacting the lives of kids in a community that is completely out of my comfort zone. I am excited that the Tech YL team is small and growing along with the YL program at the school. I have many exciting ideas and insight to contribute from my previous experience as a Wyldlife leader!

What would people be surprised to know about you? People may be surprised to know that I was a cheerleader for 7 years! A lot of people also don't realize that I absolutely LOVE to eat a lot! My favorite is Mexican. I am obsessed with the TV show NCIS and waste WAY too much of my time watching it! One of my FAVORITE movies is Finding Nemo!

Hobbies: I spend a lot of my time working out. Fitness is very important to me, and I go to the gym quite a bit! I enjoy taking Yoga and Pilates classes. I love to perform and be in front of people! I was a competitive dancer for 15 years, so I love to dance! I enjoy sleeping...and I must get at least 8 hours of sleep every night! I am a lifeguard over the summer at the community pool! I LOVE to vacation...especially to a beach!

What are you listening to on your I-Pod? I really don't have one particular "type" of music that is my favorite. A lot of the music I listen to are things that I have danced to in a choreographed routine because they have special meanings to me. The one other singer I like is John Mayer!! I absolutely LOVE all of his music because I'm a huge guitar fan and enjoy how relaxing it is.

No comments: